Cotswold Friends is a local charity based in Moreton in Marsh which for over 40 years has been providing Community Transport, Befriending, Carer Support and Community Activities to older and vulnerable people in the North Cotswolds.
We aim to combat loneliness and isolation. Our voluntary services improve health and wellbeing and support independent living.
The Community Transport Service arranges transport for medical, practical, and social appointments. This enables people who are unable to drive themselves, or use public transport, to remain independent and socially active.
As a Community Transport Booking Desk Administrator, you will be part of the Community Transport Service within Cotswold Friends.
We are looking for a candidate:
- To provide support to the Booking Desk Team ensuring that clients reach their destinations safely, on time and in the most cost-effective way
- To ensure that the service adheres to HMRC Approved Mileage Allowance Payments
- To operate and develop the booking system CATTS
- To adhere to all booking desk policies and procedures
- To support booking desk volunteers with the operation of the system and adherence to correct procedures, providing initial training and on-going support
- To work on the Bookings Desk with volunteers taking bookings and arranging transport
- To help members and volunteers with more difficult and complex journeys
- To support the Transport Manager with service surveys
- To support the Transport Manager by gathering both statistical and qualitative data, both from the booking system and survey data
- To keep the booking system up to date with client and volunteer details
- The successful candidate will have experience in working in a busy customer service environment and good working IT knowledge of e-mails, excel and bespoke systems. They should also have an awareness of the needs of older and vulnerable people and good interpersonal skills.
An induction program and training in Cotswold Friends systems and processes will be provided.
The successful candidate will have to complete an Enhanced DBS check.
If this position sounds interesting to you, please apply via Indeed or GlosJobs.
Cotswold Friends is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to combating all forms of discrimination.
Contract Type: 6 Months to convert to on-going post if successful.
Hours per week: 13 hrs per week (Monday and Tuesday)
Salary Type: Salary monthly
What level of DBS check? Enhanced
Schedule: Day shift