Please keep checking back for our latest vacancies.
Volunteering is a fantastic way of gaining experience to help you with future job applications. If you might be interested in a volunteering role, even if only for a short time, please do visit our Volunteers page to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved within a busy and ambitious Marketing and Events programme for local charity Cotswolds Friends. By joining our dedicated and friendly team you will help to make a difference to the lives of local people in our community.
Cotswold Friends is based in Moreton-in-Marsh and for over 40 years has been providing services such as Community Transport, Befriending, Carer Support and Community Activities to older and vulnerable people in the Cotswolds. We aim to combat loneliness and isolation, improve health and wellbeing and support independent living.
As the Marketing Co-ordinator you will support the Marketing Manager with the following:
· Devising innovative digital marketing campaigns, that feed into Cotswold Friends’ overarching marketing strategy.
· Creating the digital marketing plan, including implementing strategies to drive traffic to the Cotswold Friends website via PPC, SEO, and Retargeting.
· Creating content for all our Social media platforms including video editing, live stories, graphics/infographics and more.
· Timely moderation of interactions across all Social media platforms, including Meta, X, Tik Tok and YouTube.
· Helping organise and attending events and roadshows with a hands-on attitude and willingness to engage with the public, our clients and volunteers.
· Collating stories about our clients and volunteers to share across our channels, including taking photos, filming and visiting projects across the Cotswolds.
· Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of the latest social media trends and algorithms to enhance the reach and efficacy of campaigns.
· Assisting the Marketing Manager with marketing and advertising campaigns from press releases, calendars of events and other promotional materials.
· Creation of e-newsletters using Mailchimp
· Regularly updating our Charity Log and Mailchimp databases to comply with GDPR.
· Distributing posters, magazines and other print materials when required.
· Keeping the Charity website updated, with a good knowledge of CMS, such as Perch Runway and WordPress.
· Creating posters, flyers and other print materials as needed on Canva Pro.
· Managing a database of film and photography to support marketing campaigns.
· Identifying and logging Marketing targets across our target areas
· Managing regular digital dashboards for the marketing manager reporting progress against set KPI’s.
· Adhering to our brand guidelines
· Confident talking to the general public, volunteers and our service users (older and vulnerable adults)
· Good knowledge of Canva, Mailchimp, Metasuite, CMS (Wordpress/Perch Runway etc.), and Microsoft 365 (Outlook/Excel/Word etc.)
· Confident in creating regular engaging content for our social channels
· Good copywriting skills
· Full Driving licence
· Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Trello, CapCut and Hootsuite
· Enhanced photography and videography skills
The successful candidate will have at least one year of experience in a marketing communications role. A full induction programme and training in Cotswold Friends systems and processes will be provided. The successful candidate will have to complete an Enhanced DBS check. If this position sounds like an interesting challenge to you, we would love to hear from you and why you think you’d be perfect for the role.
Cotswold Friends is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to combating all forms of discrimination.
Contract Type: 12months with the possibility to extend dependent upon funding.
Hours per week: 12 hours per week (6 hours on a Monday and the other 6 hours on a Tues or Thurs).
Based: Working at our offices, Moreton Area Centre, High Street, Moreton, GL56 0AZ
Salary Type: £12.40per hour
Deadline: Monday 6thNovember 2023
Job Type: Part-time Part-time hours: 12 per week
Salary: £12.40 per hour
Monday to Friday Application question(s):
1) Please briefly describe your most relevant experience for this role (max. 200 words) 2) What interests you in working for Cotswold Friends? (max. 200 words)
3) What marketing tools and software are you proficient in? (max. 200 words)
4) And finally, why do you love marketing? (max. 200 words)
Work Location: In person
The Living Wage
Cotswold Friends is an accredited Living Wage employer. The Living Wage is a voluntary higher rate of base pay. It provides a benchmark for responsible employers who choose to pay their employees a rate that meets the basic cost of living in the UK and London.