A small monthly donation can make a very big difference.
Find out all about our new appeal:
Our appeal, launched in April of this year, has raised over £600 in the first month.
How does Cotswold Friends help the North Cotswold community?
Since Cotswold Friends started in 1978 the Charity has grown and expanded with community need and now supports hundreds of people across the North Cotswolds each month with Transport, Befriending, Carer Respite, Community Activities and Events.
- over 10,500 drives were undertaken
- over 4,500 weekly visits were made to people living alone
- over 1,500 respite sessions were provided to full-time carers
- there were over 8,500 attendances at Community Activities and Events
All of this is achieved with a very small staff team and generous donations of time from volunteers who fill over 350 community roles such as Drivers, Befrienders and Lunch Club hosts. This is a great achievement and a heart-warming demonstration of community spirit.
Why did Cotswold Friends launch this new appeal?
Amanda Howard, CEO of Cotswold Friends explains “Funding is increasingly challenging. Whilst we continually apply for local council and statutory funding and grants from trusts and foundations, we cannot rely solely on these as demand from many other charities increases. Cotswold Friends must balance its funding sources and work to gradually build a sustainable income from subscriptions, individual giving and community funding. With our community supporting us in this way, larger funders will be persuaded to help us too.”
Therefore, our Trustees decided to launch the ‘Friends of Cotswold Friends Appeal’ asking people to make a monthly donation to contribute towards Charity costs. A small monthly donation can make a very big difference!
How can I donate to the appeal?
If you, any member of your family, or anyone else you know, would like to become a ‘Friend of Cotswold Friends’ you can:
- Return to the homepage and select the Donate button at the top right of the screen. Follow the Donate Online instructions to set up a regular monthly payment. Please do ‘opt in’ to receive our Charity Newsletter, which will keep you up to date with all of our services and news.
- or telephone Sue Thomas on Tel: 01608 697004 with your name, address and bank card details and Sue can help you set up your donation.
- or visit your bank to set up a Standing Order.
Cotswold Friends bank account details: HSBC Bank, Account Name: Cotswold Friends, Account Number: 21498029, Sort Code: 40 17 19.
When setting up your Standing Order, please include your full name as a reference and get in touch with Sue on Tel: 01608 697004 or email: email@example.com to give us your contact details.
You can contact us at any time to cancel your donation or change your preferences.