Young Friends Programme
Our Young Friends Programme offers volunteering opportunities for young people aged 14-18 years. Volunteers can support the charity by working on various projects.
There are a number of ways that young people can get involved with the charity including Young Friends Befriending, organising fundraising events, providing local community support and offering help with marketing. Or any other ideas you might have!
- Young Friends Befriending (16-18 years) where you visit residents in local Care Homes or help one of our day club. Our aim here is to bring younger and older generations together to reduce loneliness and isolation which can impact the health and wellbeing of any age group. It also helps to build trust and develop understanding between the generations - beneficial to both older and younger people.
- Organise a Fundraising Event
- Help us with Marketing or Craft Projects.
What do students gain?
- Valuable work experience with a charity.
- References available after a full year’s volunteering.
- Signature for volunteering section of Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
- FREE DBS check (Disclosure & Barring Service).
- Training courses.
Make a difference by supporting your local community.
To get involved and find our more information - get in touch and fill in our simple online form.
This is how the Application process works for 14 - 15 years
This is how the Application process works for 16 - 18 years
If you are aged 14-15 years and would like to volunteer for Cotswold Friends to either support the community or for you DofE Award we also have some opportunities for this age group. Please Contact us for more information.